Instructions Following Fillings
- Do not eat or chew until any numbness from anesthesia has worn off.
- If you are supervising a child who has had treatment, make certain that they are not eating or chewing while numb. Please make sure they do not bite their lips or tongue as doing so can cause serious injury to their soft tissue.
- Avoid sticky, crunchy, or hard foods for 24 hours.
- Sensitivity to temperature, hot and cold, as well as any soreness, should not last more than a few days but it is not uncommon to last up to 6 weeks.
- Please call our office if you experience pain or discomfort when chewing. A simple bite adjustment which can be done without the need of anesthesia might be needed and could prevent other complications.